ADMISSION CRITERIA AT 16+
(this applies ONLY to those students transferring from other schools)
In recent years we have been able to offer places to all suitably qualified external candidates whose applications have been received by the deadline. Up to 60 places are held for external candidates. However, should numbers dramatically exceed those expected, the following criteria will be used:
- Students who have in the past attended Stantonbury Campus
- Students choosing courses where places are available
- In circumstances where the Campus’ admissions number has been exceeded in any of the above categories and there is a need to discriminate within the category, preference will be given to those young people living closest to the school, measured in a straight line to the Campus’ main reception using the Local Authority’s computerised distance measuring system, with those living nearer to the Campus receiving the higher priority.
All courses will run subject to sufficient enrolment.
Click here to access the online Admission Form
Specific Entrance Requirements
- Students applying for A Level and Applied A Level courses should have a minimum of five level two qualifications (e.g. 9-5 at GCSE). At least four of these grades will come from GCSEs
- Students applying for the BTEC in Performing Arts, Media or Sport qualifications that are equivalent to three A Levels should have a minimum of four level two qualifications (e.g. 9-5 at GCSE or BTEC equivalent)
- Specific qualifications may be required for particular subjects. Further details will be available from subject staff at the Sixth Form Open Evening
- Without having achieved 9-5 passes in English and Maths, students will struggle to access most academic level three courses. Any students who do not achieve these grades will need to complete re-takes as part of their offer of contract