Final Examination Preparation
We would like to thank all parents and carers for your support over the year. We have been delighted by the hard work and commitment of our students and the pride they are taking in their success. With good attendance over the remaining few weeks, it now looks as if our Years 12 and 13 results will be our best ever.
Download the letters for details of the final weeks for your specific year group below.
Over recent weeks, all students have had assemblies and tutorials focusing on revision strategies and coping with stress. Please find below the key messages that we have given to students:
- Structure your time. Plan what you will revise and when
- Make sure that you are very clear what skills and knowledge the examination is testing.
- Make revision active. Mind-maps, dividing topics up and teaching a friend and the creation of flash cards are some of the strategies that have proved most useful.
- Manage distractions. Ensure that computers, mobile phones and television do not distract from your learning.
- Do your best to get a good night’s sleep before the examination and ensure that you eat and drink well. Energy drinks are not a good idea as their effects wear off in the course of the exam.
Results day 16 August, 2018
Year 13 – Results will be issued on Thursday 16th August and will be available from 8am. Cooksey staff will be on hand to deal with any issues or enquiries over university entrance.
Year 12 – Results will be issued on Thursday 16th August and will be available from 10am. Cooksey staff will be on hand. The main focus will be on Year 13 so most Year 12 issues will be dealt with during registration week in September.
I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank all parents and carers for their support this year and look forward to successful outcomes on August 16th.
Head of Post-16