The Governing Body recognizes that a healthy diet is the foundation for a healthy lifestyle and that one aspect of the education mission of Stantonbury Campus is to help young people to make informed choices about their lifestyle. The Governing Body recognises the connection between a healthy diet and a student’s ability to learn effectively and achieve high standards in school.
At Stantonbury the catering service is provided by our own in-house team lead by our Catering Manager, Frankie Smith. We buy our sandwiches in from a recognised sandwich company and prepare our hot food daily on site. There is a full range of food from the traditional two course main meal; pasta or jacket potato bars with a selection of hot and cold toppings every day; chicken joes, sandwiches, baguettes, cold pasta salads, salads, fresh fruit and healthy desserts as well as healthy drinks.
- Wherever possible, we use only British produce, and source locally
- Our ingredients are linked to Marine Stewardship Council and Red Tractor
- Our suppliers actively participate in reducing food miles where possible
- We only use chicken fillets, not minced or processed
- We use low salt in our cooking
- Our meals do not contain any unnecessary chemicals, additives or preservatives
Our Menu is a three week rolling menu. Please note that the menu is subject to change particularly when we hold our “Special Events”. Please see the following link for our current menus:
The catering team at Stantonbury Campus are committed to producing good quality, healthy food at an affordable price. “We are obsessed with quality, fresh food and only use natural ingredients in our cooking.” and for the last two years the Catering Service at the Campus has been given the highest rating following a recent visit from Milton Keynes Council’s Environmental Health team.
'Scores on the Doors' is a national system for grading catering establishments, including restaurants and takeaways. Businesses are awarded a star rating based on:
- Food Hygiene legislation
- Structural requirements for the premises
- Confidence in management of the business
ranging from 5 stars for businesses who have achieved an excellent standard to 0 stars where improvements are clearly required. The business is also supplied with a sticker and certificate for them to display, hence the tagline 'Scores on the Doors'.
The Campus has three food outlets at the Campus in The Diner and the Leisure Centre Café (for all students and staff) and in Cooksey (for Post16 students and staff).
The Diner is open for:
- breakfast (7.30am – 8.15am),
- break (10.20am – 10.40am) and
- lunch (12.20pm – 1.10pm).
The Leisure Centre Café is open for:
- lunch (12.20pm – 1.10pm).
Cooksey Café is open:
- 9.30am – 11.00am and11.30am – 1.10pm
We look forward to welcoming all students into the catering outlets and keep an eye out for our “Special Events”!
Cashless Catering System
The School operates a Cashless Catering System whereby students use their Campus card to access their account to make purchases. Students can credit their account either:
- via the units located in the Diner, Leisure Centre or Saxon and Dansteed Halls, or
- by cheque, made payable to Stantonbury Campus, or
- through ParentPay at www.parentpay.com
One of the positive benefits of the cashless catering system is that parents/carers can specify the amount of money their child can spend each day, to a maximum of £6.00.
The Catering Team