- When may I use the library?
The library may be used before school from 8am - 8.30, at break times from 10.20 – 10.40, at lunch times 12.20 – 1.10 and after school until library closure. Any student, other than sixth–formers, wanting to use the library during lesson time must show a Permission Slip from their teacher to library staff.
- Is the library a place to socialize?
The library is a place for quiet study. However there is the opportunity to join various clubs at lunch times and after school.
- How many books may I borrow from the library?
Lower school students are allowed to take 2 books at a time, whilst sixth formers are allowed to take 3 plus any text books that are issued from the library.
- How do I return a book?
Books should be taken to the librarian’s desk or else left in the blue Returns Box outside the library.
- Is eating and drinking allowed in the library?
- Do we need money to use the photocopier?
Yes, small change is needed to use the photocopier. If possible it is best to bring the correct change with you as the Finance office does not always have petty cash available.
- Does the library provide stationery?
The library provides paper for the photocopy machine and the printer. Students are encouraged to bring their own stationery.
- Where is the Careers Office?
The Careers Office in housed in the library.
- Does it cost anything to borrow a DVD/Video?
No, there is no cost but DVDs and Videos are only on loan overnight and must be returned the following day.
- Can newspapers be read outside the library?
No, newspapers are only to be read in the library so that they can be shared by other library users.